Commission Requests and Events
As the Quernus wee creatures have grown in popularity, I have tried a number of different adoption processes with the aim to be as fair as possible to all those who want a wee creature. After running a number of different types of events, for which people could buy a ticket (all ticket proceeds were donated to charity), it became clear that demand was very much outstripping supply - after all, I only have one pair of hands!
So for 2017, I have now started a waiting list for those wanting a specific wee creature. If you know which wee creature you'd like, just join the waiting list and I will contact you once you reach the top of the list.
For the time being, I will still run occasional secret events on Facebook for those who want to take part in them (with about 10-15 in each group), and these are particularly good if you're not sure which creature you'd like, but the waiting list tends to be longer.
Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page to apply to be added to the waiting list. Before you do so, please read the following guidelines carefully, and let me know if you have any questions.
- To see examples of the sort of wee creatures I take on as requests, visit my Pinterest Shop Gallery Board. I do love trying out the wee creatures with new or different accessories, so if you have a suggestion that you haven't seen before, run it past me!
- Please only include one request per form. You can submit another form after I've made your wee creature. This keeps thing fair for everyone.
- Applying to be added to the waiting list does not guarantee that I will be able to make your requested wee creature, or that I can do so within a certain time. The waiting list could be days, weeks, or months long - it all depends on how many requests I get, and my other work commitments. However, where I can, I will try and take into account any special occasions or deadlines with enough notice. And if you do have a date in mind, it's best to say that you'd rather not take part in an event.
- There is one waiting list. You can let me know in the form if you'd prefer to take part in a Secret Quernus Commission Event (SQCE) in a secret group on Facebook - these events are good if you don't yet know which wee creature you'd like to adopt. But the waiting list is quite long for these because there are only 10-15 people in each event, which only take place once every two months or so.
- If your request is something that I cannot do (either because of copyright implications, time constraints, or lack of materials/accessories), I will let you know as soon as possible.
- If I am able to accept your application, I will contact you by email to check if you'd still like to go ahead, and for any further clarification I need about the design. I will give you a quote for your chosen creature, including P&P, and the likely timescale for completion. My aim would be to make your wee creature within 1-2 weeks - I like to strike while the iron's hot!
- The cost of the wee creatures depends very much on the complexity of the design, accessory, etc. However, prices usually start from £20 for Tiny Mice, and can go up to £80 for collaboration pieces with other artists, with most wee creatures falling within the £40-£60 price bracket. I will review these prices from time to time.
- Because of the small size of the wee creatures, I don't make wedding cake toppers, because these usually need to be at least 4-5 inches tall, whereas my wee creatures are usually no more than 2 inches tall. If you are looking for a wedding cake topper, I can recommend The Air Castle, based in the US, who makes animal sculptures in a similar style to mine, but larger.
- Payment in full is due once I confirm to you that I can accept your request. Payment can be made by Paypal (gift or invoice), and for those in the UK, by bank transfer or card payment by phone.