The Quernus Lottery is a regular event which takes place exclusively on this site over the course of three days. The Quernus Lottery tab will appear in the weeks leading up to each Lottery. The Quernus Lottery gives everyone a fair and equal chance to win the chance to buy one Quernus wee creature, without the dash to the checkout that has been commonly seen when the wee creatures come up for sale!
You can apply for up to five different wee creatures during the Lottery. However, each person can only buy one wee creature, even if their name is drawn more than once. But if you are lucky enough for this to happen, you can choose which one you would prefer.
I will announce in advance by newsletter and on Facebook when each Quernus Lottery will take place. For each Lottery, I will aim to make 40-50 wee creatures from my standard ranges. You can get an idea of the sort of creatures which will appear from my Pinterest Shop Gallery Board. As well as some of my own ideas, I will invite suggestions for other wee creatures in the Quernoholics Anonymouse Facebook group, which should be general and based on the wee creatures who have appeared in my online shop (for more specific requests, you can apply for the commissions waiting list). I can't promise that I will make all your suggestions, and because this is a Lottery, there is no guarantee that you will be picked to buy your suggested creature, so it's best not to get too attached to any suggestions you make. For each Lottery, I will create a preview album on my Quernus Crafts Facebook page, and a gallery of all wee creatures can also be found on the Lottery page itself.
The general rules of the Quernus Lottery are as follows
- You can choose up to five different wee creatures during the Lottery process. To enter, you must complete the checkout process (you will need to register for an account to do that), and you will receive a confirmation email once you have completed the process. There is nothing to pay at this stage.
- Only one application is allowed for each wee creature up to a maximum of five, ie you can't put the same wee creature in your basket five times. And if you put more than five creatures in your basket, then you will only be entered for the first five you have chosen.
- You can only buy one wee creature per Lottery, even if your name is drawn more than once. But if you are lucky enough to be picked by more than one wee creature, you can choose which one you would prefer.
- At the end of the Lottery period, a name will be selected at random for each wee creature. That person is then entitled to buy that wee creature. I will post a list of winners in the Quernoholics Anonymouse group on Facebook, and I will contact each winner as soon as possible by email to confirm (a) the total cost payable (including shipping), and (b) how to pay. Everyone who applies to take part in the Lottery will be contacted by email after the Lottery ends to advise whether they have been successful or not.
- Payment in full must be made within 2 days of receipt of the winning email notification, failing which, the wee creature will be offered to the next person drawn out of the hat. It's a good idea to add my email address to your safe senders list ([email protected]) to make sure my email reaches you.
As I tested the system during the first Lottery, I drew up some further notes for the Quernoholics Anonymouse group on Facebook, and I thought it would be helpful to include them here too:
- The Lottery works exactly the same way as an online shop – the only difference is that you don’t pay anything as you go through the checkout with your chosen creatures. By completing the checkout, you are applying to enter the Lottery, and I will have your contact details to get in touch once the Lottery has finished to let you know if you’ve been successful or not.
- You can apply for up to five different wee creatures, but even if your name is drawn for all five of them, you can only buy one - but the good news is that you get to choose which one you want!
- In order that you can see how many people have applied for each creature, I set the stock number for each wee creature to 100 (note: this does not mean that I have made 100 of each wee creature!) If you want to know how many people have applied for any particular wee creature, just see how much of the stock is left when you add your chosen wee creature to the basket, and subtract that from 100. If more than 100 people apply for any one creature, you can still apply for that creature – I’ll just increase the stock levels. Where I have made more than one wee creature of the same design, there will be separate listings for each one (clearly marked as 1 of 3, 2 of 3, etc.), and each one counts as a separate wee creature for the purposes of the creature limit.
- Once you have selected up to five wee creatures to apply to buy, just go through the normal checkout process. There’s nothing to pay to enter the Lottery.
- You can only enter one address during the checkout process – if you win a wee creature, then I’ll be in touch to sort out payment, and if there’s a different delivery address, you can tell me then.
- Take your time with this! There’s no hurry, as the Lottery will remain open for three days!
My best advice as to the best way to adopt a wee creature is to focus on what you want (not what you don’t want, so it’s best not to say that you never win, or you’re always unlucky), keep optimistic and happy, appreciate the wee creatures that you see, be glad for others who have adopted a wee creature, and trust that your wee creature will find you at the right time.
Last updated: 29th June 2017
Links to previous Quernus Lottery albums on Facebook:
- Quernus Lottery #1 (21-25 November 2016)
- Quernus Lottery #2 (24-26 January 2017)
- Quernus Lottery #3 (28-30 March 2017)
- Quernus Lottery #4 (27-29 May 2017)
- Quernus Lottery #5 (18-20 July 2017)
- Quernus Lottery #6 (23-25 September 2017)
Feedback for the first Quernus Lottery:
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for coming up with the idea for the lottery. I have tried and tried each time an event has happened feeling sure that one day a new little creature would like to come and make its home here and be friends with the little angel mouse that I brought home from a Christmas fair...several years ago now! …And finally it has happened, little gingerbread mouse wants to join us. As a grown woman and mother of 3 I feel quite overcome!!!
I found the whole process extremely enjoyable, the winning was an added bonus, but even if I hadn’t been fortunate it provided a stressless experience free from the frustration of knowing that those who were somehow able to fill in their details very quickly always stood more of a chance. I am definitely more of your browsing in an artisan shop with coffee and cake kind of girl rather than your high octane London Stock exchange kind of girl!!!
Many many thanks!" (J Wood)