A big part of what Quernus means to me is being able to give something back to help as many beings (both two legged and four legged) as possible. In the early years of Quernus, I mainly did this by donating wee creatures to be raffled off for specific events, but in recent years, I have done my own raffles, and for the online ticket events, I've donated all ticket sales to charities nominated by the ticket holders for each event.
Here's a list of all the donations that have been made I started fund-raising in my own right - I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken part in these events, because it is down to you that we've been able to raise so much money for so many worthwhile causes, and continue to do so!
GRAND TOTAL DONATED TO DATE
- £612.00 from charity auction for Two Little Tittlemouse Mice, donated 26/09/18 to the Oldies Club
- £546.00 from charity auction for Little Bumble Bunny, donated 23/06/18, to Blue Light Programme by Mind in Greater Manchester
- £57.50 from sale of Poppy Mice (25% donated from each adoption) donated 15/11/17 to the Royal British Legion.
- £110.00 from charity auction for Little Glass Moon Mouse donated 09/07/17 to The Kensington & Chelsea Foundation (to help those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire)
- £332.00 from raffle for Arctic Frolics, a collaborative sculpture by me and Felicity Harvey of Sealsational, donated 29/06/17 to The Kensington & Chelsea Foundation (to help those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire)
- £170.00 from sales of Tiny Manchester Bee Mice, donated 19/06/17 to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund
- £792.00 from raffle for Little Manchester Worker Bee Mouse, donated 04/06/17, to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund
- £120.00 from SQCE #9, donated 20/12/16, to Alzheimer's Society, nominated by Nicola Miller
- £342.00 from raffle for Santa Bunny with Sleigh, donated 20/12/16 to Age UK
- £100.00 from MiCE (Christmas Lucky Dip), donated 16/12/16 to Babworth Animal Rescue Kennels nominated by Claire Woodhouse
- £81.00 from sale of Poppy Creatures, 20% of net sales donated 11/11/16 to the Royal British Legion
£210.00 from SSQE #8, donated 24/10/16 to RSCPA Liverpool Branch (where I adopted Zeus from!) nominated by Lisa Vallette (seconded by Claire Russell & Sue Ingram)
- £100.00 from Mini SQE (Cake Creatures), donated 21/10/16 to Cancer Research UK nominated by Sue Ingram.
- £200.00 from SSQE #7, donated 22/09/16 to International Fund for Animal Welfare nominated by Jane Joscelyne
£100.00 from Mini SQE (Penguins), donated 05/09/16 to Cure for Charley nominated by Sarah Foakes (proposed by Tabatha Martinez)
£200.00 from SSQE #6, donated 23/06/16 to 4 Paws for Ability nominated by Nichole Makrides
- £75.00 from Mini SQE (Dragons) donated 04/06/16 to Charlie's Wish nominated by Heloise Darbyshire
£200.00 from SSQE #5, donated 08/05/16 to Mind nominated by Sonneva Benstead
£100.00 from Mini SQE (Guinea Pigs), donated 26/04/16 to Lydia Thew's fundraising campaign for Cancer Research nominated by Gabriella Nickless, and unanimously agreed by all ticket holders
£100.00 from SSQE #4, donated 20/03/16 to Stray Aid nominated by Lisa Leighton
£63.71 from Mini SQE (Balloon Mice), donated 16/03/16 to The Stroke Association nominated by Christiana Theocleous
£100.00 from SSQE #3, donated 02/03/16 to Hillside Organisation nominated by Zoe Richardson
£92.87 from SSQE #2, donated 12/02/16 to Friends of the Dogs, nominated by Paige Murray